Wednesday, July 05, 2006

This Blog: The Premise

A few weeks ago a co-worker from India arrived for the purpose of learning the job of a co-worker here in Fort Worth. Appreciating the fact that this might not make him the most popular individual in the office I tried my best to make him feel welcome. During those initial conversations we hit it off quite well. It also turned out we both had an interest in photography.

His interest was that of a serious enthusiast, some formal photography training, and a rather nice dslr camera - a Cannon Rebel...but I'll let him fill in details he feels relevant in his posts. My interest was that of a new father wanting to chronicle a new life with some skill using my new auto digicam Fuji S5200.

Our company hasn't provided him with a rental car and his hotel was along my commuting route. During our discussions(largely about photography) to and from work an idea was born.

The idea was to use our lunch hour at work to take some photos at various sites in fort worth. He would get the lay of the land and a local tour guide. I would get to learn more about various aspects of photography.

As the idea matured, it was determined we would do the following:
1. Chronicle our outings by each posting on this blog our best shot of that days subject.
2. Restrict our time to get the shot using the amount of time that is left over in the hour after factoring in a roundtrip commute to the site.
3. I would pick the site and video a short clip with my new friend reading some "related" text in front of the subject.
4. Never stop to eat lunch during the outing. That's what office microwaves and teleconferences are for.


Stalin



Neophyte

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home